Wiki Structure (Namespaces)Template:·
Mediawiki Help Pages
OOModels QuickstartTemplate:· GlossaryTemplate:· ArtefactSyntaxTemplate:· TypeSyntaxTemplate:· NamespaceSyntaxTemplate:· PackageSyntaxTemplate:· ConversionStepSyntax
HowToStartAProjectTemplate:· HowToAddAModelTemplate:· HowToAddAFormatTemplate:· HowToAddAPackageTemplate:· HowToAddANamespaceTemplate:· HowToAddAContact
Artefacts, Types, Contact etc.are organised in packages.
E.g., a model named MyModel might be located in a package com/example/MyModel, and therefore in a corresponding wiki page named Artefact:Model/com/example/MyModel. Similarly, a contact might be located in com/example/OurCEO and on a wikipage Contact:Person/com/example/OurCEO.
In both cases, the wikipage is, technically speaking, on a subpage. Subpages are separated by slashes. Therefore, our logical package com/example corresponds to wiki subpages .../com/example/....
Now what happens if someone enters just Artefact:Model/com/example, or Artefact:Model/com? Then, simply, a nonexisting page is addressed and the user gets a corresponding "no such page" message.
But on the other hand it is very desirable to have those pages, to allow browsing of our wiki. Unfortunately, the wiki does not create automatically nonexisting parent pages, so we have to do it ourselves (maybe we - or you? - develop a mediawiki extension to this automatically). But at least it is possible to list all subpages automatically. Here's how to do it. (Learn more about namespaces)
- Become familiar with editing wiki pages in general. If you just want to try it out, you can do so in the OOModels:Sandbox.
- If you don't already have, create an account and login (Why do I need an account?).
- Let's assume your package is named 'com/example'.
- Let's assume our target page is a model MyModel
- Create 3 wiki pages named Artefact:Model, Artefact:Model/com and Artefact:Model/com/example (typically, some of them will exist while others won't). You can do so by linking to those pages with wiki links, like here in this sentence. You can also just type the respective URLs in your browser http://www.oomodels.org/wiki/index.php/Artefact:Model http://www.oomodels.org/wiki/index.php/Artefact:Model/com http://www.oomodels.org/wiki/index.php/Artefact:Model/com/example (learn more about wiki page names)
- Now you can create a package from scratch, or you can just copy&paste the wiki code from an existing package page (depending on your page type) and adopt it to your needs.
Remark: you may have noted that the corresponding namespace exists twice: once in the Artefact:Model namespace and once in the Contact:Person namespace. So, if we have created the parent pages for MyModel, for another Model com/sphenon/MyModel2, we do not need to create these parent pages again, but for our contact we have to do it.